Saturday, September 26, 2026

Prepping an eBay store

In the last months, I've observed from time to time some potential buyers backing down, after a first e-mail contact exploring both payment and shipment alternatives; an issue that, after some thinking, I've found to be reasonable after all. Arguably, when a transaction is performed directly from user to user via e-mail only, there is no much buyer protection beyond simple personal trust --and, sadly, one can never give it for granted...

Therefore, I've decided to open an eBay store in the expectance it will give potential buyers stronger feelings about transaction protection and items traceability. Sure that eBay's own policies are a bit tighter, but this is the least you can expect in exchange for security. On my side, it will no doubt represent some added cost, but I'm eager to endure it for the time being, if this helps fellow hobbyists to make up their mind.

About the eBay store itself, it is already active and running, although far from complete --there were a lot of thingies in Minairons' catalogue, so I'll still spend some time uploading products there.

No comments: